The variety, complexity and transience of trade policy regulations present a major operational and financial challenge to companies involved in international trade. Not only the substance but also the form of regulations is changing. Simple tariffs are being replaced by more insidious measures which are no less restrictive. Every company with aspirations to international trade needs to understand the trade policy environment in which it operates but this is particularly true of certain industry sectors. Your choice of products, markets and customers could be influenced by inter alia:
- Origin rules;
- Licensing requirements;
- Anti-dumping and anti-subsidy legislation;
- Technical standards; and
- Marking and labelling requirements.
How can we help?
- By providing accurate and timely advice about the trade policy environment in which your business operates;
- By highlighting opportunities for exploiting favourable trade regulations;
- By providing professional, expert representation of your commercial interests to the relevant policy making authorities.