A number of countries have introduced or are considering the introduction of a Trade Information Portal as a means of facilitating trade and increasing transparency. For WTO members or countries in the process of acceding to the WTO, a Trade In-formation Portal will also assist them in complying with new commitments currently being negotiated as part of the Doha Development Round. The negotiations aim to strengthen the provisions of Article X of GATT which currently requires that all regulatory trade related information “shall be published promptly in such a manner as to enable governments and traders to become acquainted with them”.
We have extensive knowledge and experience in developing governance frameworks, operational models and organizational structures for Trade Information Portals. Our most recent project was in Malawi.
We can cover the following aspects of a trade portal project:
- Setting the Scope and Vision
- Setting up the Governance Structure
- Legal Basis
- Method for collating information from Agencies and presenting it to the public
- Content and Design Features
- Operational Model
- Implementation Plan
- System Architecture
- Data Model and Database Design
- Functional Architecture and Content
- Policies and Procedures
- Measuring the Effectiveness of the Trade Information Portal